What to do when a death occurs

The following information may help you :-

When death takes place at home

Inform your doctor as soon as possible that death has occurred. He/she will come out and write out the medical certificate of death when they visit the house or may request you to attend surgery for this purpose.

Contact your chosen Funeral Director.

When death occurs in hospital

You apply to the hospital for the medical certificate and not your own doctor.

Contact your chosen Funeral Director.

Useful numbers you may need

Salford Registrar
Salford Civic Centre
Unity House
Chorley Road
M27 5AW

T: 0161 909 6501

9:15 AM to 4:30 PM by appointment

Hope Hospital Registrar
Patient Affairs
Stott Lane
M6 8HD

T: 0161 206 5175

By appointment

Manchester Registrar
Heron House
47 Lloyd Street
M2 5LE

T: 0161 234 7864

9:00 AM 3:45 PM by appointment

Coroners Office

Manchester Coroners
T: 0161 830 4222

Bolton Coroners
T: 01204 338 799

Stockport Coroners (covers Trafford, Tameside and Stockport)
T: 0161 476 9870

Probate Information from DirectGov

Powered by CreativX CMS